Week of January 29, 2022 - Lil Nas X (1)

 

YES! This was an absolutely amazing week for the countdown in so many ways, lets get right into it.

Exits
Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish (#30)(19 weeks)
STAY - The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber (#29)(28 weeks)
U Gurl - Walker Hayes
Wandered to L.A. - Juice WRLD/Justin Bieber
The Countdown
#30 - Do it To it - ACRAZE/Cherish (8 weeks)(-4)
#29 - Enemy - Imagine Dragons (DEBUT)
#28 - Big Energy - Latto (DEBUT)
#27 - I AM WOMAN - Emmy Meli (+1)(6 weeks)
#26 - Woman - Doja Cat (3 weeks)(-4)
#25 - Light Switch - Charlie Puth (DEBUT)
#24 - I Hate U - SZA (3 weeks)(-4)
#23 - WYD Now? - Sadie Jean (3 weeks)(-)
#22 - Need To Know - Doja Cat (22 weeks)(-4)
#21 - For Tonight - Giveon (16 weeks)(-4)
#20 - Meet Me At Our Spot - THE ANXIETY (16 weeks)(+1)
#19 - I Feel Good - Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJWS (8 weeks)(-3)
#18 - Ghost Town - Benson Boone (8 weeks)(-3)
#17 - Moth To A Flame - Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd (13 weeks)(-6)
#16 - Fingers Crossed - Lauren Spencer-Smith (2 weeks)(+9)
Countdown Extra - dont miss me - Claire Rosinkranz
#15 - Smokin Out The Window - Silk Sonic (12 weeks)(+4)
#14 - Easy On Me - Adele (15 weeks)(-4)
#13 - Sacrifice - The Weeknd (DEBUT)
#12 - Bite Me - Avril Lavigne (10 weeks)(+1)
#11 - feel like shit - Tate McRae (8 weeks)(+1)
#10 - One Right Now - Post Malone/The Weeknd (12 weeks)(+4)
#9 - Message In A Bottle - Taylor Swift (10 weeks)(-1)
#8 - Oh My God - Adele (8 weeks)(-1)
#7 - Cold Heart - Elton John/Dua Lipa (19 weeks)(-2)
#6 - Shivers - Ed Sheeran (18 weeks)(-5)
#5 - abcdefu - GAYLE (8 weeks)(+4)
#4 - Ghost - Justin Bieber (18 weeks)(-)
#3 - Better Days - NEIKED/Mae Muller/Polo G (14 weeks)(-)
#2 - Overpass Graffiti - Ed Sheeran (11 weeks)(+4)
#1 last year - Levitating - Dua Lipa
#1 - THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X (18 weeks)(1st week at #1)'

We have four pretty good debuts, this week, kicking off with Enemy from Imagine Dragons. I must say, I'm not a fan of this song at all. The ENEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe part of the chorus is super annoying and the verses can't make up for it. Also, the JID verse is amazing and Hits 1 needs to include it.

Next up we have a song that I definitely didn't expect to debut but have no problems with, being Big Energy from Latto. Latto sounds really nice here and almost like an alternative Megan. The production is basic but not bad, and it's just a well-done song.

Charlie Puth is back and what a return he made with Light Switch. This song is an absolute banger. The production is on point, its super fun and vibey, and Charlie sounds amazing throughout the song. The light switch sound in the chorus pulls it all together, and I hope this does really well.

Finally, from The Weeknd, we have a new tune called Sacrifice. I don't like this that much, but its not bad either. The production is groovy and The Weeknd sounds nice, but theres nothing special here.

Biggest Jump - Fingers Crossed - Lauren Spencer-Smith (+9) - Nice! I hope this continues to do well.

Biggest Drop - Moth To A Flame - Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd (-6) - Oh well, I'm not too mad. I wish a better song than Sacrifice were replacing it though.

Countdown Rankdown
0 - Awful
#30 - Meet Me At Our Spot - THE ANXIETY

1 - Bad
#29 - Cold Heart - Elton John/Dua Lipa/PNAU
#28 - I Hate U - SZA

2 - Mediocre
#27 - Smokin Out The Window - Silk Sonic
#26 - Need To Know - Doja Cat
#25 - Woman - Doja Cat
#24 - Enemy - Imagine Dragons

3 - Decent
#23 - Bite Me - Avril Lavigne
#22 - For Tonight - Giveon
#21 - I am Woman - Emmy Meli

4 - Good
#20 - Ghost Town - Benson Boone
#19 - Easy On Me - Adele
#18 - Sacrifice - The Weeknd
#17 - Shivers - Ed Sheeran

5 - Great
#16 - One Right Now - Post Malone/The Weeknd
#15 - feel like this - Tate McRae
#14 - Oh My God - Adele
#13 - Big Energy - Latto
#12 - Moth To A Flame - Swedish House Mafia/The Weeknd
#11 - Do it To it - ACRAZE/Cherish
#10 -   WYD Now? - Sadie Jean
#9 - Ghost - Justin Bieber
#8 - Message In A Bottle - Taylor Swift
#7- Overpass Graffiti - Ed Sheeran
#6 Fingers Crossed - Lauren Spencer-Smith
#5 - THATS WHAT I WANT - Lil Nas X
#4 - Better Days - NEIKED/Mae Muller/Polo G
#3 - I Feel Good - Pitbull/Anthony Watts/DJWS
#2 - Light Switch - Charlie Puth
#1 - abcdefu - GAYLE

HitBound
The Motto - Tiesto/Ava Max (3)
The Weekend - BIBI (15)
Boys Don't Cry - Anitta (1)
Beg For You - Charlie XCX/Rina Swayima (1)
I Love You So - The Walters (3)
When I'm Gone - Alesso/Katy Perry (1)
To All The Boys I've Loved Before - Jax (2)
Infinity - Jaymes Young (3)
Delorean - Walker Hayes (1)
High - The Chainsmokers (1)
Peru - Fireboy DML/Ed Sheeran (4)
dont miss me - Claire Rosinkranz (2)
Anxiety - Coi Leray (1)
ur just horny - GAYLE (2)

Abyss
Have Mercy - Chloe
It'll Be Okay - Shawn Mendes
Life Goes On - Oliver Tree
love nwantiti - Ckay
Record Player - Daisy The Great/AJR
SAD GIRLZ LUV MONEY - Amaarae/Moliy/Kali Uchis
26 - Lauv

So starting off our giant list of HitBound debuts this week we have The Motto not really being a debut. It comes back from about October, and I'm very happy as it's really good.

Coming up next we have Anitta back with her new song Boys Don't Cry. This song is really vibey and fun. I love the faster beat and Anitta sounds great here. The chorus is super catchy as well. I don't expect this to debut, but I'd be really happy if it did.

Charlie XCX partners with Rina Swayima for this next song, Beg For You. I think this is okay. The production is nice and the chorus is catchy, but no one sounds good here. I'd be fine if this does well.

Katy Perry makes her big return this week with Alesso on When I'm Gone. I really like this song. Katy sounds awesome, and Alesso does an amazing job with the production. I have no doubts this will do well and I really hope it does.

Walker Hayes comes back this week with Delorean. And its his best song. Which is saying a lot considering its bad. Anyways,  yeah he sounds bad as always but the production on this one is slightly better so yeah. This shouldn't debut.

Next up we have my favorite song from this HitBound, High by the Chainsmokers. I think everything about this song is amazing. The production is mind blowing, the lyrics are amazing, and the singing is fantastic. Now its just up to Hits 1 to give this a chance and see what happens.

Coi Leray comes with our next song, being Anixety. The production on this one is very good, and Coi sounds okay, but something about it just isnt quite right. But I would be fine with this debuting.

Finally, we have Lauv back with his new song 26. I enjoy this quite a bit. Lauv sounds great here and the production isn't bad, however, like Anxiety, it needs more.

This week we lost Billie Bossa Nova, Jigsaw, LAst dAy oN EaRTh, and It'll be Okay. I never really cared about any of these, however It'll be Okay is in the abyss.

Hitbound Rankdown
0 - Awful
#14 - I Love You So - The Walters

1 - Bad
#13 - Delorean - Walker Hayes
#12 - The Weekend - BIBI

2 - Mediocre
#11 - Peru - Fireboy DML/Ed Sheeran

3 - Decent
NONE!

4 - Good
#10 - Infinity - Jaymes Young
#9 - Beg For You - Charlie XCX/Rina Swayima
#8 - Anxiety - Coi Leray
#7 - ur just horny - GAYLE

5 - Great
#6 - don't miss me - Claire Rosinkranz
#5 - To All The Boys I've Loved Before - Jax
#4 - Boys Don't Cry - Anitta
#3 - The Motto - Tiesto/Ava Max
#2 - When I'm Gone - Alesso/Katy Perry
#1 - High - The Chainsmokers
Overall Score: 71.4%

I can tell you got blu-blurb energy
ED IS GONE! (for a little) LIL NAS X HAS TAKEN OVER! LFG! And not ONLY is Shivers gone from #1, its down to #7! YES!

Why is Do it To it all the way down at #30? That shouldn't be happening.

WHY IS OVERPASS GRAFFITI AT #2! WE JUST GOT RID OF HIM HITS 1 SERIOUSLY!

Feel like shit is right outside the top 10. Come on Tate, you can do it!

Both the Doja Cat songs took pretty big falls this week. I don't care that much and Need To Know is about to leave anyways.

It's great to see abcdefu inside the top 5. Knowing hits 1 and its white-male bias though (unless your name is Taylor Swift) it probably won't hit #1.

That'll do it for this week everyone! See you next time for a very special catch-up post.



Comments

  1. For reference, you are the only one that likes Do It To It (at least that I'm aware of).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you HrishK lmao

      and yeah i know pretty much everyone hates it

      Delete
    2. Have you tried the Tiesto Remix of Do It To It? It adds a whole new vibe to the song.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This is HrishK Music like he always swears a lot and that is NOT OK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week of October 21, 2023 - Tate McRae (1)

Album Review: I Used to Think I Could Fly - Tate McRae